[Paraview] Manipulating points.

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Nov 21 09:47:56 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Andrew Maclean
<andrew.amaclean at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to select a single point, change its 3D coordinates and
> re-render it?
> We are building 3D maps by hand and sometimes the coordinates of
> points go awry so we need to adjust them.
>
> What I am hoping to do is to convert our files to vtp files, feed them
> into ParaView and then hand edit any points that are wrong. The point
> here is that ParaView is really good at visualisation so any errors
> are readily apparent.
>
> Thanks for any information,
> Andrew
> --
> Andrew J. P. Maclean
> Centre for Autonomous Systems
> The Rose Street Building J04
> The University of Sydney  2006  NSW
> AUSTRALIA
> Ph: +61 2 9351 3283
> Fax: +61 2 9351 7474

Not automatically. You could do it with a lot of effort via selection
and the programmable filter and the spreadsheet view.

The process would be:

Split the view top to bottom and make a spreadsheet view. Show the
data's selected point values in the spreadsheet view.

Insert a programmable filter, make it shallow copy through the point
and cell associated attribute data.

Split the 3D view again, now right to left, and make the original data
visible in one view and the filter's output in the other. Link the
cameras.

Select a vertex in the original. It's index and coordinates will be
shown in the spreadsheet view.

At a line to the end of the python filters program and change that
particular point's coordinates in the output data.

Repeat the last two steps, adding to the program each time.

--
David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.