[Paraview] Problem reading EnSight Gold binary file in ParaView3.2.1

Raashid Baig raashid.b at rediffmail.com
Sat Nov 15 01:08:14 EST 2008

I have written two C subroutines for writing EnSight Gold ASCII and
EnSight Gold Binary files for a simple 2D unstructured grid. I have
followed the procedure given in EnSight8.2 User manual for writing the
files.

The EnSight ASCII files works fine on both EnSight8.2 and
ParaView3.2.1. However the EnSight Gold binary files works fine only
on EnSight8.2 but fails to open on ParaView3.2.1. I have checked my
EnSight Gold binary file through the "ens_checker" program that comes
with EnSight for verifying the integrity of the EnSight Gold files.
The ens_checker shows that the files are written correctly and should
not have any problem.

Can some one please verify my EnSight files and the subroutines.

I have attached a .zip file for EnSight files. The output of
ens_checker program and my C subroutine which writes the files with
this mail.

Any help in this matter will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Raashid