[Paraview] Transient Fluent Data

Stephen Gillen gillens at tcd.ie
Wed Nov 12 10:51:20 EST 2008

Hello,

I am trying to use Paraview to postprocess transient results from Fluent. I
am new to paraview and I have so far only used it for steady data with
little or no problems.

I am exporting the data as EnSight Case Gold files, and so Fluent writes a
case file(actually outputs as .encas but cam simply change to .case or when
opening choose files of *.*) along with .geo and other variable files. When
it is just a steady simulation ParaView reads the files with no problem
however when it is transient data it gives the following error.

ERROR: In ..\..\..\ParaView3\VTK\IO\vtkGenericEnSightReader.cxx, line 389
vtkGenericEnSightReader (0DAE5380): Unable to open file:
C:\Workingfiles\motion\Anj\NewFolder\/C:\Workingfiles\motion\Anj\NewFolder\1
25_m-0001.geo

Warning: In ..\..\..\ParaView3\VTK\IO\vtkGenericEnSightReader.cxx, line 390
vtkGenericEnSightReader (0DAE5380): Assuming binary file.

However the case still appears in the pipeline browser though no operations
can be carried out on it.

The only other option for transient data is to read in the data for each
time step. However paraview doesn't seem to link together the timesteps, is
there any way of forcing to link them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen Gillen