[Paraview] Resample DataSet

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Nov 11 15:43:23 EST 2008

If you look at the vtkProbeFilter code, you can see that the source
dataset (the geometry onto which you are sampling the input dataset),
does not pass its scalars through the filter. I think that when it was
written, it was assumed that probing of the data would occur onto some
new geometry and the comparison you want to make wasn't imagined at the
time. The original scalars are lost.

You should be able to add a PassData(blah blah) at the appropriate place
in the probe filter code and the original scalars will appear alongside
the new ones.

I would do this for you, but my version of the probe filter is modified
somewhat and I don't want to mess about with the necessary
merge/diff/conflicts.

If I have time later in the week (when I'm stuck on a train!) I'll have
a go at it for you.

JB