[Paraview] Compiling Paraview

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Sun Nov 9 17:25:34 EST 2008

On Sunday 09 November 2008 11:56:42 am Rakesh Hammond wrote:

> I am at the moment, compiling PV using gcc - in order to link against the
> PGI compiled MPI library, I need to link a couple of extra libraries,
> other than libmpich.so
>
> Can you please tell me, where and how I need to add these extra libraries
> into CMakeLists.txt in paraview?

You may link as many libraries as you need. You don't need to edit the
CMakeList.txt. What you need to do is add the MPI libraries while you are
configuring with with ccmake. You'll find only two places to add libraries I
believe they are MPI_LIBRARY and MPI_EXTRA_LIBRARY. If you only want to link
two libraries use these. Otherwise you can add as many as you need to either
of these variables separated by semicolons.  The entries in my CMakeCache.txt
look like this :

MPI_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib64/openmpi/1.2.4-gcc/libmpi_cxx.so
MPI_EXTRA_LIBRARY:STRING=/usr/lib64/openmpi/1.2.4-gcc/libmpi.so;/usr/lib64/openmpi/1.2.4-gcc/libopen-rte.so;/usr/lib64/openmpi/1.2.4-gcc/libopen-pal.so;/usr/lib64/libdl.so;/usr/lib64/libnsl.so;/usr/lib64/libutil.so;/usr/lib64/libm.so;/usr/lib64/libdl.so