[Paraview] On more filter optional parameters setup

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Nov 7 09:11:32 EST 2008

You can of course modify the paraview source and recompile.
Specifically what you would do is edit the XML element that defines
the proxy for that filter in Servers/ServerManager/filter.xml in order
to add additional property definitions to let paraview expose those
missing filter methods.

An alternative way to do it is to write a plugin, consisting of a
small CMakeLists.txt file and a small XML file and recompile only
that. The XML file makes an alternative proxy for the same filter.

The benefit of the second option is quicker compile time and better
isolation of the modifications you are making to ParaView.

cheers,
Dave DeMarle