[Paraview] pvpython -> extracting timesteps

Pierre-Olivier Dallaire pierre-olivier.dallaire at videotron.ca
Thu Nov 6 17:31:59 EST 2008

Good afternoon,

I've been playing with pvpython this week and I always have this issue
when using the time steps :

tsteps    = reader.TimestepValues #No problem here
view.ViewTime = tsteps[i]		#Gives me an error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "post.py", line 73, in <module>
     view.ViewTime = tsteps[i]
   File "/data-cfd01/software/ParaView/src/build_Python2.5/Utilities/
VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py", line 1514, in setProperty
     return self.SetPropertyWithName(propName, value)
   File "/data-cfd01/software/ParaView/src/build_Python2.5/Utilities/
VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py", line 163, in
SetPropertyWithName
     prop.SetData(arg)
   File "/data-cfd01/software/ParaView/src/build_Python2.5/Utilities/
VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py", line 394, in SetData
     self.SMProperty.SetElement(i, self.ConvertValue(values[i]))
TypeError: a float is required

It's impossible to extract each number from the array  tsteps - any
idea ?

Thanks !

PO