[Paraview] Rendering large datasets using offscreen rendering...

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Thu Nov 6 07:36:54 EST 2008

Hi Berk,

I'm using Mesa 6.5.3. It's not the latest one because it was the first
that I got success in compiling on this machine. Regarding GL and GLUT,
I'm setting everything to Mesa as you can see bellow:

 OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR
/sw/shared/x86_64/Mesa/6.5.3/include

 OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY
/sw/shared/x86_64/Mesa/6.5.3/lib64/libGL.so

 OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY
/sw/shared/x86_64/Mesa/6.5.3/lib64/libGLU.so

 OPENGL_xmesa_INCLUDE_DIR
/sw/shared/x86_64/Mesa/6.5.3/include

 OSMESA_INCLUDE_DIR
/sw/shared/x86_64/Mesa/6.5.3/include

 OSMESA_LIBRARY
/sw/shared/x86_64/Mesa/6.5.3/lib64/libOSMesa.so

I've been successfully using PV in smaller cases running in 2, 4 and 8
processors. In fact, It was my first attempt in a larger dataset.

There's something that could explain what is happening. I noted that
when I load the Xdmf temporal collection the system runs out of memory
(I've sent another message explaining it). It seems that there's
something wrong with Xdmf memory allocation. I don't know... just a
suspicious... . Jerry is taking a look.

Renato.