[Paraview] legal question

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Nov 5 07:59:39 EST 2008

I think as long as Dominik supplies the source code he can release it
all under the GPL and do his own builds with his own plugins, Qt or not.

Now, If Dominik can NOT release his source code for his plugins then I
believe he must use the commercial Qt license.

A related distinction is that if you want to commit code to the vtk or
paraview repositories that has Qt code in it then you MUST have a
commercial Qt license otherwise you can submit a patch to the bug
reporter and someone that has a Qt Commercial license can commit your
patch to the cvs repository.

As always, I am NOT a lawyer, consult one if you feel you need more
clarification. This is not legal advice.. don't hold me liable for
anything, blah, blah blah..

Mike