[Paraview] Not clear about paraview's benchmark

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon May 19 09:36:24 EDT 2008

Hello,

vtkPVUpdateSuppressor's main purpose is to break the visualization
pipeline into segments across processors. It suppresses vtk's pipeline
update mechanism on segments that don't have a full path upstream to
the data.  Instead, each processor's pipeline ends with a PVUS, and
the client calls their ForceUpdate methods synchronously to make it
all function as an unbroken pipeline would.

vtkOrderedCompositeDistributor is inserted into the Render Server's
pipeline. When transparency is used, it shuffles the data pieces
around so that they are rendered in back to front order.

cheers,
Dave DeMarle