[Paraview] Xdmf writer with multiple cell types (UNCLASSIFIED)

Clarke, Jerry (Civ, ARL/CISD) clarke at arl.army.mil
Fri May 9 08:49:43 EDT 2008

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Karl,

The vtkXdmfWriter is not yet up to date with the new version
of XDMF. I think it can handle basic geometry but nothing
complex. Until it's fixed, the best you can do is to run
the data thru a triangle filter first to make it all tets.
But I doubt that's what you're looking for.

There is a mixed topology type in the new version of XDMF
so supporting it that way will be an option. Otherwise it
would be GridType="Tree" with two "Uniform" children :

<Grid GridType="Tree" ...
	<Grid GridType="Uniform" ..
		<Topology TopologyType="Hex" ..
	<Grid GridType="Uniform" ...