[Paraview] is there a way to triangulate data in Paraview?

Alejandro Aragon alejandro.aragon at gmail.com
Thu May 8 09:39:49 EDT 2008

Hello everybody,

Many of you may know Tecplot. One of the nice features about this
program, is that you can dump raw data in a file with no format at
all, then it takes the first three columns as the X, Y and Z
coordinates and the following columns as separate variables and you
can have as many of them as you want. Then you can triangulate the
data and automatically you can obtain contour plots and so on.

I was wondering if this can also be done in Paraview and how. I've
been using the .vtu format so I'm used to the output of point and cell
data. I searched for a while for something similar in Paraview but I
found nothing. Can anyone mention if this can be done?

Thank you,

aa