[Paraview] is there an easy to do this animation?

Pei-Ying Hsieh phsieh2005 at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 06:39:34 EDT 2008

Dear Paraview group:

It will be appreciated if someone here can suggestion an easier/better way to do this animation:

I did a transient parallel run.  I ran the case for x time steps, stopped, and then, restarted the run.  Hence, the results were saved to different folders, each with Output0001.pvtu as the starting file.  There are a total of 8 partitions.  So, the results structure is like:

run1/
    Output0001.pvtu
    Output0002.pvtu
    Output0033.pvtu
    Output0001par0001.vtu
    Output0001par0002.vtu
    ..
    Output0001par0008.vtu
    Output0002par0001.vtu
    Output0002par0002.vtu
    ..
    Output0002par0008.vtu
    Output0003par0001.vtu
    Output0003par0002.vtu
    ..
    Output0003par0008.vtu
run2/
    Output0001.pvtu
    Output0002.pvtu
    Output0033.pvtu
    Output0001par0001.vtu
    Output0001par0002.vtu
    ..
    Output0001par0008.vtu
    Output0002par0001.vtu
    Output0002par0002.vtu
    ..
    Output0002par0008.vtu
    Output0003par0001.vtu
    Output0003par0002.vtu
    ..
    Output0003par0008.vtu

I can easily do animation within each run folder, but, how can I make 1 combined animation of all the run folders, while keeping the orientations/scale/position of the object and filters the same?

Thanks!

Pei