[Paraview] Animating in Paraview over datasets.

Jefferson Thomas foramuyou at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 01:28:20 EDT 2008

Hi,
I have a VTI file that consists of many datasets representing
timesteps of evolution of some physical system. The way Im putting
them into the VTI file using VTK libraries is as follows :

write_connected_vti_image=vtkImageData::New();
for ( looping over timesteps ) {
  vtkFloatArray* array;
  ...(writing the data into the array)
  write_connected_vti_image->GetPointData()->AddArray(array);
}
vtkXMLImageDataWriter *writer = vtkXMLImageDataWriter::New();
writer->SetFileName(filename_c);
writer->SetInput(write_connected_vti_image);
writer->Write();

Next, Im loading the created VTI file in Paraview using Countur
Filters or Slieces to visualise the data. In Paraview I can jump
between datasets in Object Inspector of the Contour object with the
"Countour by" select box which displays all the datasets from the
opened VTI file.
Now I would like to make an animation out of it. But in the Animation
View, selecting Countour as the changing source gives me only the
possibility to animate over Isosurfaces and not over datasets. Similar
thing goes for Slieces.
Question is : How can I animate over particular datasets from one file
in Paraview ?
Im using Paraview 3.2.1

Thank you for any help.
Thomas