[Paraview] Where did vtkMultiGroupDataSet go?

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 14:38:32 EDT 2008

Thanks.. Looks like I am going to use the vtkMultiBlockDataSet as the
basis for my data.

I am writing a custom reader in ParaView 3(CVS HEAD) and I have
started the porting process of the old code. One of the first things
that I hit was this bit of code:

   vtkMultiGroupDataInformation* groupInfo =
vtkMultiGroupDataInformation::New();
   groupInfo->SetNumberOfGroups(2);   // Assuming you have 2 members
   vtkInformation* outInfo = outputVector->GetInformationObject(0);
   outInfo->Set(vtkCompositeDataPipeline::COMPOSITE_DATA_INFORMATION
(), groupInfo);
   outInfo->Set
(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::MAXIMUM_NUMBER_OF_PIECES(), 1);
   groupInfo->Delete();

Is there a substitute for this or is this code even needed anymore?

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer