[Paraview] Sphere Interactor in a c++ plugin

Thomas Félix Thomas.Felix at inrialpes.fr
Thu Mar 13 05:31:50 EDT 2008

As I need a sphere widget for a short time, I started to write a
dedicated plug in, base on the pqImplicitPlaneWidget.
I wrote both client and server side code and related xml files too.  But
I now have a problem when  I try to instanciate my
"pqImplicitSphereWidget" (using the 3D widget factory) because the
"ImplicitSphereRepresentation" can't be created by Paraview. It seems to
be due to the server side "vtkSMImplicitSphere..." classes which can't
be instanciated...

How can those server manager classes (present in my server side plug in)
be recognized and instanciated by Paraview ?

Thanks...