[Paraview] opengl extension manager issue

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Jun 10 08:37:19 EDT 2008

Can anyone tell me why Cmake/ParaView fail to generate the correct
opengl stuff

/users/biddisco/code/pv/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLExtensionManager.cxx: In
member function `virtual void (*
vtkOpenGLExtensionManager::GetProcAddress(const char*))()':
/users/biddisco/code/pv/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLExtensionManager.cxx:267:
error: `glXGetProcAddressARB' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: ***
[VTK/Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/vtkOpenGLExtensionManager.o]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [VTK/Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have had this problem for ever and I have finally decided I don't
understand why I get it sometimes, but not others.

if I wipe vtkOpenGLExtensionManagerConfigure and vtkParseOpenGLExt - the
files are regenerated - but usually wrongly - wopuld one expect the
results to be differnt if they are generated with/without a display?

Any ideas?

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch