[Paraview] registry file?

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Wed Jun 4 11:19:45 EDT 2008

My vote: I agree with Mike. I've written applications on Unix, Linux and VMS that use initialization files and found that it is a loosing battle to store them in non-standard places. It is *easy* for a piece of software to store them in the right place.

Small hints to the user can be a big help. 1) Whenever a new version of the initialization file is written by PV a brief popup could show its location. 2) If Qt won't play ball at least put in one of PV's "Settings" menus a note about how to find/edit the Qt settings.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center