[Paraview] paraview cannot read xdmf file

Jerry Clarke clarke at arl.army.mil
Tue Jul 29 10:21:32 EDT 2008

Natalie,

I'm guessing that the fist line of your .xmf file
is a blank line and the <?xml ....
line is the second. The <?xml .... has to be the
first line in the file of the XML parser won't accept it.

I copied your xml into "try.xmf" and the reader was able to parse
it.

Also a few minor things :
  - since you are specifically listing the .h5 files, using the
	HeavyData1 and HeavyData2 entities is unnecessary, just
	remove them.
  - <DataStructure .. should be <DataItem ...
  - <Topology Type=... should be <Topology TopologyType= ...
  - <Geometry Type=... should be <Geometry GeometryType=...

the new reader is backwards compatible to a point but that may change
at some point.

Jerry Clarke