[Paraview] Build Guide

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Jul 23 08:39:10 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 23 July 2008 07:46:43 am you wrote:
> Hello Kevin,
>
> I am trying to build on Ubuntu Linux. After untarring the
> source code, I typed
>
> cmake CMakeLists.txt
>
> and I got the following:
>
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
> -- Check size of void*
> -- Check size of void* - done
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
> CMake Error: ParaView requires an out of source Build. Please create a
> separate binary directory and run CMake there.
> -- Configuring done
>
> I didn't understand how to go to the step and execute,
>
> Thanks,
> csv

Please keep the discussion on the list. That is, at least include a CC to the
list.

Please re-read this section of the wiki :

http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install#Configure_ParaView_With_CMake

Paraview must be "built out of source." That is you should untar the source,
make a build directory, enter the build directory, then run cmake (or better
yet ccmake)  with the path of the source directory.