[Paraview] Selection of points

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Jul 22 03:46:24 EDT 2008

I have a dataset which consists of animating particles. I can select a
region of space and get the Id's of certain particles. I now wish to
pass this list back into my Pathline filter so that only the particles
selected are drawn with pathlines. However, when I hit the back button
for the animation to return to time zero, the selected particles now
change. I can change the selection type to Id - which is great because I
can use this information directly in the pathline filter to pick out the
lines, but again - when I change time step, the particles are re-ordered
and my information is lost.

I'd like to copy the active selection - and then fix it - so it is now
disconnected from the pipeline and becomes a static piece of data which
does noit change with time.  If I save the selction to disk, I can load
it and use it as I'd like to. Is there a way of copying the active
selection - and disconnecting it from the pipeline so that I can skip
the disk save/load stage and pass the selection directly to my pathline
filter?

thanks

JB

--