[Paraview] GUI custumized Object Panel with filter

Boris Clemencon bc317 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 07:49:50 EDT 2008

Hello all,

_*Description*_
I am wrote a customized object panel for my Free-Form Deformation (FFD)
filter plugin. This panel object is deriving from
pqAutoGeneratedObjectPanel. However the panel does not show up when I
select the FFD filter in Paraview  3.3.0...

_*More details*_
I wrote a Free-Form Deformation filter:
name of the class : vtkFFDTransformFilter
sources : vtkFFDTransformFilter.cxx and vtkFFDTransformFilter.h
proxy name : vtkFFDTransformFilter.xml

I wrote the corresponding customized object panel deriving from
pqAutoGeneratedObjectPanel (example p281 in the PV book)
name of class: pqFFDTransformPanel
source : pqFFDTransformPanel.h

And I modified the CMakeList.txt (see attached)
_*
Result:*_
- Everything compile properly
- Both plugin (panel+filter) are initially loaded in PV
/*- But, when I run the FFD filter, the GUI panel does not show up... ????*/
- I  wrote a printf in the panel object constructor, but it seems that
the constructor is not called...
There is a post which looks like that ([Paraview] Custom Filter Panel
Not loading in PV3 CVS), but in his case, the constructor seem to been
called. So it is not exactly the same problem.

Anyone can help please? (See attached CMakeList.txt,
vtkFFDTransformFilter.xml and pqFFDTransformPanel.h)

Regards
Boris Clemencon