[Paraview] Dynamic libraries on Mac not recognized as plugins

jonathan grimm flymolo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 13:01:30 EDT 2008

I had this problem, but moreso.  I was trying to get a plugin to deploy in
the paraview bundle I built.  The general answer is to make sure you are
referencing the same libraries in the same places as paraview is, and that
the library's internal location (otool -D ) is correct.  I fixed them by
hand using install_name_tool( -change and -id) .

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Samuel Crow <
samuel_crow_work at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I'm building my vtkCubeReader files for Paraview as an external shared
> library using a custom CMake file.  It builds perfectly but otool -D reports
> that the default path of each directory is the directory it is built in
> rather than /usr/local/plugins/ which is where the plug-ins go.  Is there
> something my CMake configuration is missing?  Changing LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH
> to /usr/local/plugins/ didn't seem to help.
>
> Last time I tried building the libraries with a default path of ./ so that
> they would not depend on their location but that just placed a plugins
> directory in the root directory.  Is there something I should know that I'm
> missing?
>
> I'm running ParaView 3.2.2 on a Macintosh Pro with Dual Quad-core Xeon
> processors and 4 GiB of RAM.  It is running MacOSX 10.5.2 .

Sometimes it's hard to tell the dancer from the dance - Corwin in CoC