[Paraview] stereo wall configuration

Patrick Shinpaugh shpatric at vt.edu
Tue Jul 8 13:15:19 EDT 2008

Only the client is displaying on :0.0 and nothing on :0.1. I didn't see
a -display option when I ran pvserver with --help but I tried it anyway.
Both -display=:0.1 and --display=:0.1 resulted in the usage information
being printed out rather than starting the pvserver.

Thinking back on it, I did see a dialog box the first time I got the
client to connect to the server which said something about a bad X
connection. Unfortunately, subsequent attempts to read the message fail
because the dialog box appears and disappears almost immediately (no
okay button) - nothing is shown in the output window to specify what
error may have occurred and nothing shows on the command line where the
pvserver or paraview client were run except "Client connected.".

If there is a bad X connection, there should not be as I can simply run
`DISPLAY=:0.1 xterm` from a terminal in :0.0 and an xterm will appear in
:0.1. I do have the Composite extension disabled which is necessary to
run active stereo (PV built with this->StereoType =
VTK_STEREO_CRYSTAL_EYES;) and the xorg.conf does have Option "Stereo"
"3" for screen 1 and is not present for screen 0. Also, I can run active
stereo in other applications such as VMD with the visual being displayed
on the :0.1 display.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat