[Paraview] symmetric data on quadrilaterals

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jul 8 13:14:08 EDT 2008

Dear Paraview developers,

if I have symmetric point data on a quadrilateral grid, it gets
displayed like it was unsymmetric. Due to the fact that it is internally
interpolated onto triangles in a non-symmetric way. Is there a way to
display the data in surface style as it should be (without converting it
to cell data)?

I have attached a file where this happens.

Thank you very much for your answer (and for providing such a great
software)
Bernd

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                       url: www.iws.uni-stuttgart.de