[Paraview] Library not loading due to reason "image not found".

Samuel Crow samuel_crow_work at rocketmail.com
Mon Jul 7 15:51:46 EDT 2008

Hello,

As a practice exercise in making readers for Paraview 3.2.2, I wrote a reader that loads the specifications of a cube with different colors for the vertexes.

When I try to load the libSMCubeReader.dylib into the server side plugin manager, I get the message "Library not loaded:  libvtkPVFiltersCS.dylib referenced from <path omitted>/Paraview_build/bin/libSMCubeReader.dylib Reason: image not found."

When loading the client side plugin I get the message from QLibrary::load_sys cannot load <path omitted>/Paraview_build/bin/libGUICubeReader.dylib: "Library not loaded:  libpqComponents.dylib Referenced from <path omitted>/Paraview_build/bin/libGUICubeReader.dylib Reason: image not found"

I'm on a PowerBook G4 Macintosh with 2 Gb RAM, building ParaView from Unix-style makefiles on XCode 2.4.1 under MacOSX 10.4.11 using dynamic library linkage in DEBUG mode.