[Paraview] Paraview crash when animating Ensight Data

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Sat Jul 5 17:35:16 EDT 2008

I am not an expert in EnSight file format but these files look wrong.
The geo file has only 1 time step but the case file says it has two
(file set 1). I can get it to work with something like:

FORMAT
type:  ensight gold

GEOMETRY
model: 1 2 coords.geo

VARIABLE
scalar per node:      1   1     temperature temps.temperature

TIME
time set:	1	temps
number of steps:	2
time values:	0 1

FILE
file set:	1
number of steps:	2
file set: 2
number of steps: 1

If I were you, I would use not use file sets but stick to 1 file per
time step and use wild cards (the geometry can still be static). This
is more efficient because the reader does not have to search in the
file for consecutive time steps. See the EnSight documentation for
details.

-berk