[Paraview] Does vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper Work with Unsigned Char?

Patrick Shinpaugh shpatric at vt.edu
Wed Jul 2 16:07:21 EDT 2008

Yes, loaded a raw dataset (1024x943x50) of unsigned char. Visualized
using volume (not sure which volume class I was using - whatever the
default is). I did by mistake initially set the bounds 0-1024,0-943,0-50
which appeared to have the issue you mentioned (although it could have
been that it appeared to have the minimum) until I realized that the
bounds were incorrect.

Kent Eschenberg wrote:
> Has anyone been able to use the ParaView volume visualization with
> char or unsigned char data? In my test it seems to replace all data
> values with the max. Using Calculator to first convert to double works.
>
> Kent
> Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center

Patrick Shinpaugh
Virginia Tech