[Paraview] Extract unstructured grid

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Jan 31 12:21:03 EST 2008

I suggest using selection to extract the elements you want. You need
to populate the active selection with the list of elements you want to
extract, and then apply the extract selection filter.

One way to do this (warning:I am working from memory here) is to open
a spreadsheet view window, make the data you want to extract from
visible in it by clicking on the eye next to it in the pipeline
browser, use the display tab to show either the points or the cells,
then ctrl-clicking on the rows for the particular elements or cells
you are interested in. That populates the active selection and you
should see the cells highlighted in magenta in the 3D view of the
data. Now apply the extract selection filter.

cheers,
Dave