[Paraview] examples of pvbatch?

Olivier Ricou olivier at ricou.eu.org
Thu Jan 31 09:51:55 EST 2008

die 30/01/08, ad 18h35, matt at mail.bettencourt.info <matt at mail.bettencourt.info> dixit :
> i have just started myself down this road, here is something that i have
> been playing with.
>
> http://www.bettencourt.info/test.py
>
> Hope that it helps, it reads in some frames and makes pngs using the
> threshold filter, but you can swap that out

It will, for sure. Thanks.

However I cannot figure how I should give the Source of my ProbeLine
filter (in my case a Line source with 2 points and a resolution).

In your case, pvpython message was more or less clear:

>>> thresh=servermanager.filters.Threshold(Input=reader)
>>> thresh.ListProperties()
['AllScalars', 'Input', 'SelectInputScalars', 'ThresholdBetween']
>>> thresh.GetProperty('SelectInputScalars')
Property name= SelectInputScalars value = ['', '', '', '', '']

I can figure it waits for 4 data. In my case it wait for a
VTK object...

>>> filter.GetProperty('Source')
Property name= Source value = None
>>> filter.SetPropertyWithName('Source','whatever')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/opt/paraview-3.2.1-Linux-x86/lib/paraview-3.2/paraview/servermanager.py", line 163, in SetPropertyWithName
    prop.SetData(arg)
  File "/opt/paraview-3.2.1-Linux-x86/lib/paraview-3.2/paraview/servermanager.py", line 584, in SetData
    self.SMProperty.AddInputConnection(op.Proxy, op.Port)
ValueError: method requires a VTK object

Is there is an API somewhere? I couldn't find the information in
VTK user's guide.

Olivier.