[Paraview] Re: examples of pvbatch?

Matthew Bettencourt matt at mail.bettencourt.info
Thu Jan 31 09:04:18 EST 2008

this is most likely getting off topic for the PV maillist.

What i am talking about is this,

if i take a data set that is 100x100x1 and import it into visit i can
color it,  visit says it is a 2d dataset
if  i import a 1x100x100 dataset into visit, i can viz it as a 3d dataset.

if i import both, i can't viz both becuase visit won't let me mix 2d and
3d datasets.    I am not sure i am doing something wrong or not.  I do
know that if i take the initial dataset and turn it into a 3d dataset
via surface (I can't recall the exact name of the filter, but DX calls
it rubbersheet) i can then view both slices at the same time.  Maybe
there is a way to promote the 2D data to 3D that would make visit
usable, not sure though.

thanks