[Paraview] Re: vtkPolyData

Alessandro Bellina bellina at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 30 10:25:52 EST 2008

Robert,
Since last time I posted this I was able to display something close to what
I want to do, but not quite exactly.

I have a 2-D vector field that changes in time. In each time step the vector
has six coordinates V = {(x1,y1,z1), (x2,y2,z2)}. What I was ble to do
yesterday was plot them as <Lines>. So I did 2 points per line and that
worked OK. What I am interested in doing with this field is to plot a stream
(stream tracer.) So at some timestep in the future I want to be able to see
some of the old features of the previous timeteps. I think the stream tracer
filter does this but I can't use it with lines. Any other filters that do
this?

The file then has <Points> <Lines>. And <Lines> have a connectivity and
offset table.

I've seen some great renderings of stream-like behavior in ParaView.

Ultimately I'd like to be able to color the stream to imply angle of
inclination  of the vectors with respect to a normal, I think this is
secondary.

Thanks for your help,

Alessandro