[Paraview] how to utilize multicore processors with paraview ?

Raashid Baig raashid.b at rediffmail.com
Wed Jan 30 06:34:55 EST 2008

Thanks a lot to everyone for your sugestions and help. I have now
installed ParaView3.2.1 on a linux cluster and it works properly
without any problem.

ParaView scales properly for very large EnsightBinary files, however I
have some doubtes regarding it's working.

I have acess to a linux cluster with 110 nodes, each node with 2
cloverton processor and 16 GB of RAM.

When I fire pvserver on 10 nodes with the following command:

/usr/local/openmpi-1.2.4/bin/mpirun -np 10 --x LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/raashid/src/lib64/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH --mca btl ^openib,mvapi -hostfile nodes ./pvserver --use-offscreen-rendering

I find that on each node only 1 core out of available 8 is being used
by pvserver.

How can I utilize all the 8 cores available on all the nodes ?