[Paraview] New data object types

SamuelKey samuelkey at comcast.net
Mon Jan 28 20:55:30 EST 2008

Paul,

I am not sure how familiar you are with PV, so your issues may be way
beyond the suggestions I am offering --

PV will read and display multiple source files. (I have been able to
read in simultaneously an Exodus-II formatted file and an EnSight Gold
binary formatted file.) Each displayable object can have its own filter
pipe-line; each displayable object can have its visibility independently
turned on/off; animation will use whatever is on the screen. I routinely
generate a data-set for proofing the mesh, BC's and IC's followed by a
separate file set for computed results. You can actually read the same
data set twice and filter them differently for displaying two different
results. You can translate and rotate one data set with respect to the
other to watch two different views in an animation. The list goes on.

Using these features maybe a lot easy than getting entangled in writing
your own reader.

Sam