[Paraview] parallel reader with multiple outputs

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Fri Jan 25 12:24:56 EST 2008

Dear List

I have a reader (compiled as plugin with the CVS head of PV3) creating
two output ports, working very well on a single node. The second port is
functional and can be connected to other filters.

when running in parallel, with the second output port creation turned
OFF, no problem either.

when running in parallel, with the second output port turned ON, the
pvservers crash *after* I have exited from RequestData() with the
message:

ERROR: In ./ParaView3/Servers/Common/vtkServerConnection.cxx, line 67
vtkServerConnection (0x10eb010): Server Connection Closed!

MPI Application rank 0 killed before MPI_Finalize() with signal 11
ERROR: In ./ParaView3/Servers/Common/vtkServerConnection.cxx, line 351
vtkServerConnection (0x10eb010): Server could failed to gather
information.

Does anyone have a hint on what could be going wrong? I know executing
of my reader gets all the way to the end, prints out a message as it
exits RequestData.

The only reader I could find producing 2 output ports is the prism
plugin, but I did not figure out where to load data...so I have not
tested it in parallel.

Thanks for any tip
Jean