[Paraview] Re: ParaView Digest, Vol 45, Issue 25

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 16:58:37 EST 2008

> Message: 8
> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:43:12 -0700
> From: Matthew Bettencourt <matt at mail.bettencourt.info>
> Subject: [Paraview] exporting geometry to povray
> To: ParaView at paraview.org
>
> I am hoping to export geometry into a much larger rendering being done
> in povray, is there a way to export the geometry so it can be rendered
> in povray?

I have a similar interest too e.g. Mental Ray, RenderMan etc.

I'd be interested in what you find out.

I remember reading a page (wiki) on writing plugins for ParaView.

I guess the important information is how to obtain the scene graph and walk
the tree.

Hopefully, the point at which we obtain the scene graph is after where all
the filters have been applied making it more straight forward. I have done
something similar for OpenDX which I'd like to apply again to ParaView.

Regards
--
Nicholas Yue BSc (Hons) MACM
Need help with software development process?