[Paraview] Beginner in ParaView

Cally kalpana0611 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 05:08:56 EST 2008

Dear all

Hi guys, I have a huge problem, I have configured mpich, I built a 2 node
cluster - just a prototype ), I managed to configure mpich.

I could run files like cpilog and hello, and I am getting response from both
nodes. The problem is, i cant seem to run pmandel ( mpe -library examples ),
I wanted to run this file as I thought only if I can test a parallel graphic
program, I can move to installing Paraview ( as this requires parallel
graphics, i am thinking of creating one Paraview server and client )

But pmandel keeps giving error with the display.

My questions :

1) Do I really need to test pmandel, I think I have missed out some option
thingy during the mpich configuration.But of course any guide would be VERY
useful. I really hope someone can help me out

2) Should I just go ahead and configure Paraview, I have installed
everything as found in this site
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install

3) Is there any other guide that I can use.

Thanks. I hope someone can help me out, I am very much a beginner.