[Paraview] Multiple windows when running parallel PV 3.2.1

Manuel Flores manuel.flores at cea.fr
Fri Jan 4 09:16:09 EST 2008

Hello !!!

I'am trying to run ParaView 3.2.1 generated with MPI support on a
BULL/Itanium cluster (900 nodes, 8 cores/node). In our configuration it
is mandatory to use LSF/SLURM batch system. My test case is composed of
16 VTU files and 1 PVTU master file. It works fine when I use only the
Paraview client, but for some bigger cases I will need to perform a real
parallel post-treatment (128 processors or more).

The server is launched as well in my LSF submission file :

srun -n 16 ./pvserver

The LSF submission file  "pvserver.lsf" is submitted as well :

bsub < pvserver.lsf

The hosts (or nodes) used by the server are host225 and host226.

Then, I run the client and I connect it to the  node where is running
the MPI root process (process 0 is on host225). To do that I use the
File/Connect menu of the client where I have defined the server with the
manual startup mode. The connection is OK but when I click on button
"Apply", after master file opening, 16 windows appear in addition of the
main client window. Each of the 16 windows displays its associated
sub-domain.

Can someone tell me how to avoid the opening of these 16 windows and how
to make paraview display all domains in the client main window ?

Many thanks.
Manuel.