[Paraview] Volume rendering interactivity

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 16:17:44 EST 2008

Hi,
  I work for a geological information company which has some basic 3D
visualization capability.

  I am trying to introduce volume visualization here through Paraview.

  While evaluating Paraview, I noticed that there is a "redraw" phase [the
progress bar shows up] when interacting with the data via mouse move.

  It was kind of unexpected as I was hoping to have smooth interactive
manipulation of the volume.

  My past experience with volume visualization has been through applications
like OpenDX and Voxler.

  Am I using Paraview wrongly?

  I am interested in Paraview because it is cross-platform, actively in
development and has a Python scripting interface.

Regards
--
Nicholas Yue
http://www.proceduralinsight.com/doc/Resume.pdf