[Paraview] Generating an animation in Paraview 3.2.1 ( vs. Paraview 2.6 )

Allan Gersborg-Hansen agh at mek.dtu.dk
Wed Jan 2 04:23:13 EST 2008

Dear Developers

First of all, thanks for this lovely software.

I have happily used Paraview 2.6 which I have used for generating animations
based on STL files, like this one
http://www.topopt.dtu.dk/MPI08/paraview_movie2.avi . The sole reason for
using the STL format is that it was easy to code.

Recently I discovered the new version 3.2.1. Unfortunately I have trouble
generating animations, even with the data which is provided (Single Sphere
Animation in ParaViewData3.2.zip).

Speaking on behalf of new and inexperienced users maybe you can help with
this question

1)
The procedure that works in version 2.6 (but not in version 3.2.1 (windows))
is
a. Open a data file, e.g. one of the STL files
http://www.topopt.dtu.dk/MPI08/ParaviewSTL/stl_data.zip

b. Press the accept button
c. Press play to see the animation

New users like to see a quick and easy demo of what the software can do. If
this is not a bug, I think it would be useful to add to the existing guide
http://paraview.org/Wiki/Animating_legacy_VTK_file_series how to generate an
animation.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Allan

---
Allan Roulund Gersborg
Assistant professor, Ph.D.
Department of Mechanical Engineering (Solid Mechanics)
Technical University of Denmark         tel (+45) 4525 1374
Nils Koppels Allé, Bld. 404, Room 128   fax (+45) 4593 1475
DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
email: arg(at)mek.dtu.dk
Group homepage: www.topopt.dtu.dk
Personal homepage: www.topopt.dtu.dk/arg