[Paraview] Python Error in Python Shell

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:54:32 EST 2008

I am working on a new packaging shell script for OS X and I am
getting the following error when I attempt to run the Python Shell:

Python 2.3.5 (#1, Jan 13 2006, 20:13:11)

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
   File "/Users/Shared/Toolkits/ParaView3/bin/paraview.app/Contents/
SharedSupport/paraview/__init__.py", line 40, in ?
     from libvtkPVServerCommonPython import *
ImportError: No module named libvtkPVServerCommonPython

Taking a look around I see that ParaView is linked against
libvtkPVServerCommonPythonD.dylib. There is also a
libvtkPVServerCommonPython.so library. Is that a plugin that I am
missing maybe?

Also, not sure of the naming convention, but I did a Release build
but I still have libvtkPVServerManagerPythonD,
libvtkPVServerCommonPythonD, libvtkCommonPythonD as dylibs. I would
think those names would be missing the "D" at the end of the name.

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

--
Mike Jackson
imikejackson & gmail * com