[Paraview] dead slow opacity (transparency in general)

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Feb 21 10:45:56 EST 2008

This is probably an issue with depth peeling.  When it works, it works great.  But there are some platforms on which it fails.

Ideally, we would like to get depth peeling working everywhere, and we try our best.  But with so many variations in graphics hardware there is no way for us to get our hands on all of them.

As a second best option, you should be able to turn off opacity.  You can't do that right now (without hacking up ParaView), but there is a feature request for that.  It should be coming soon.

  http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=5881

-Ken