[Paraview] Animating In Batch

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Wed Feb 20 12:46:01 EST 2008

There doesn't seem to be a concise guide to making animations in batch so I
could use some help with putting together the pieces.

===
1) Interactively, build the animation using a small version of the data. It is
NOT an animation over time.

2) Save the state then edit the state file to use the huge version of the data.

3) Create a simple Python script that reads the state file.

4) Compiled ParaView 3.2.1 from source and set the flags to wrap it in Python.
This generate pvbatch.

5) Use pvbatch to run the Python script, producing files containing the frames.
===

But that doesn't seem to work. Is there a way to tell pvbatch to make the
animation? All that information is in the state file.

Or do I have to painfully rebuild the animation as described in
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/images/f/f9/Servermanager2.pdf ?

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center