[Paraview] plugin for 3D Delaunay

Stefan Murphy stefan.murphy at dal.ca
Wed Feb 20 09:42:11 EST 2008

Sorry to keep this thread going for so long, but I've been trying for
a couple of days to compile paraview in order to try the Delaunay3D
filter.

I've downloaded the "GPL'ed" source code for Qt4.2.3 so that I could
build it with VS 9 2008 and install it.

Then with CMake, I generated the (MS VS Solution) file name ParaView,
which I opened in VS9. I clicked on ALL_BUILD so that it was
highlighted, then from the "Build" menu I selected "Build ALL_BUILD".

After a couple of hours, the build stopped. Here are the last lines of
the output:

Generating Code...
Compiling manifest to resources...
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'vtklibxml2.lib'
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\Desktop\Organized
Stuff\Software\ParaView3.2.1\paraview-3.2.1-build\Applications\DobranoViz\DobranoViz.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
DobranoViz - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
"Build all projects"
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\Desktop\Organized
Stuff\Software\ParaView3.2.1\paraview-3.2.1-build\ALL_BUILD.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
ALL_BUILD - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 77 succeeded, 34 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

There were 1.3 GB of files generated, but no paraview.exe. I've tried
it 3 times with identical results. Any ideas?

Stefan