[Paraview] Re: Stream tracing

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Feb 18 13:49:33 EST 2008

> I'm not sure how triangulating my mesh will solve my problem of
> unconnected nodes - unless all the nodes are connected somehow in the
> process?

The triangulation, if done properly, will resolve the interface problem by splitting up any face that spans several other faces.  In the attached image I modified your simple example to show a triangulation that would fix the problem.

> I can't picture how this would be done in my CFD program, but I am
> certainly willing to give the Delaunay 3D filter a shot. I received
> the plugin from Jean Favre, but I'm not sure how to install it. The
> file types in his .tar file are not listed in the Tools->Manage
> Plugins application.

You need to compile the plugin.  That will create a .dll or .so that you can then load as a plugin.

> I am assuming that John Biddiscombe's method of modifying the
> filters.xml file will involve modifying the open source code and
> compiling ParaView?

Yup.

> Is the result of the compilation a windows
> installer file, or just an application?

Just an application, usually.  You might be able to pack everything into an installer file, but do you need to?

-Ken