[Paraview] Re: Stream tracing

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Feb 18 12:10:32 EST 2008

Does anyone on the list have a plugin for 3D Delaunay triangulation?

Delaunay triangulation is a straightforward (although often slow) way to add connectivity to a collection of points.  VTK has a 3D Delaunay triangulation filter, but it is not exposed in ParaView.  Perhaps it should be.  I think this issue has come up before.

Stefan, you say you are not much of a programmer, but a more ideal solution would be to triangulate (that is, break into tetrahedra) your hexahedra so that the faces match up properly.  You have not described how this mesh is created, but you might have some auxiliary knowledge that makes the meshing problem easier.

-Ken