[Paraview] Re: Error Building PV 3.2.1 with VS2003.net

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 16:31:08 EST 2008

Ok. I'll reply to myself on this.. I got the following link errors
that I didn't see go flying by, which is the real source of the
problem;

Linking...
   Creating library
C:\Developer\SDKs\ParaView3.2.1\Build\bin\Release\Xdmf.lib and object
C:\Developer\SDKs\ParaView3.2.1\Build\bin\Release\Xdmf.exp
XdmfDOM.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_vtk_libxml2___xmlIndentTreeOutput referenced in function "public:
__thiscall XdmfDOM::XdmfDOM(void)" (??0XdmfDOM@@QAE at XZ)
XdmfDOM.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_vtk_libxml2_xmlNodeDump referenced in function "public: char const *
__thiscall XdmfDOM::Serialize(struct _xmlNode *)"
(?Serialize at XdmfDOM@@QAEPBDPAU_xmlNode@@@Z)
XdmfDOM.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_vtk_libxml2_xmlXIncludeProcess referenced in function "public: struct
_xmlNode * __thiscall XdmfDOM::__Parse(char const *,struct _xmlDoc *
*)" (?__Parse at XdmfDOM@@QAEPAU_xmlNode@@PBDPAPAU_xmlDoc@@@Z)
XdmfDOM.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_vtk_libxml2_xmlXPathFreeContext referenced in function "public:
struct _xmlNode * __thiscall XdmfDOM::FindElementByPath(char const *)"
(?FindElementByPath at XdmfDOM@@QAEPAU_xmlNode@@PBD at Z)
XdmfDOM.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_vtk_libxml2_xmlXPathFreeObject referenced in function "public: struct
_xmlNode * __thiscall XdmfDOM::FindElementByPath(char const *)"
(?FindElementByPath at XdmfDOM@@QAEPAU_xmlNode@@PBD at Z)
XdmfDOM.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_vtk_libxml2_xmlXPathEvalExpression referenced in function "public:
struct _xmlNode * __thiscall XdmfDOM::FindElementByPath(char const *)"
(?FindElementByPath at XdmfDOM@@QAEPAU_xmlNode@@PBD at Z)
XdmfDOM.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_vtk_libxml2_xmlXPathNewContext referenced in function "public: struct
_xmlNode * __thiscall XdmfDOM::FindElementByPath(char const *)"
(?FindElementByPath at XdmfDOM@@QAEPAU_xmlNode@@PBD at Z)
XdmfLightData.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_vtk_libxml2_xmlStrlen referenced in function "protected: char const *
__thiscall XdmfLightData::DupChars(void *)"
(?DupChars at XdmfLightData@@IAEPBDPAX at Z)
C:\Developer\SDKs\ParaView3.2.1\Build\bin\Release\Xdmf.dll : fatal
error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals

Seems that Xdmf could not find one of the xml libraries maybe?

Thanks
Mike Jackson