[Paraview] What part of the pipeline is producing the request for UPDATE_EXTENT?

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Tue Feb 12 23:21:43 EST 2008

Mike,

I accomplished what you want with one of our custom readers. In my
opinion the documentation for RequestInformation, RequestData, extents,
etc. is so poor that it is useless.

At RequestInformation I read enough of the input to get the overall
input array size; apply the user-selected VOI; and return the desired
subset as the whole extent. At RequestData I read the rest. I just don't
bother letting VTK/ParaView manage the selection of the VOI. This has
worked for 2.6.1 through 3.2.1.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center