[Paraview] What part of the pipeline is producing the request for UPDATE_EXTENT?

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:14:04 EST 2008

So I think I finally have this working.

In Request Information() I gather the actual full size extents of the
data set (7000 x 8000 x 200). In the RequestData() method I get what
the user actually wants (VOI), create a new vtkImageData based on VOI
information, load the data into the new vtkImageObject, then do an
output->ShallowCopy(image); just before the return of the RequestData
Method. Do you see any drawbacks to using this type of approach?

This seems to work as the RequestData() method is only executing once
now.

The next thing I have to figure out is how to get some labels that
tell the user just how large their data set it. Probably have to go
with a Plugin with a custom Qt Panel at this point as I don't see any
other way of doing it.

In PV 2.6 there used to be ways to get read only properties from a
custom filter class and present those to the user. Doesn't seem like
those facilities are there any more with PV 3.x

Thanks for the heads up.
Mike Jackson