[Paraview] Linking against VTK with ParaView

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Feb 8 11:46:25 EST 2008

On Friday 08 February 2008 9:33:11 am Randall Hand wrote:
> Well, that requires me to keep my build tree again.. Not optimal, but it's
> an answer.

I don't quite follow.  I can have one build tree for ParaView (which includes
a VTK build), and have other projects use that one VTK build inside the
ParaView build.

> Although, stuff like the vtkSpyPlotReader is not in that VTK tree, it's
> under "Servers/Filters" of the root ParAView tree.  How can I get access to
> these?

FIND_PACKAGE(ParaView)
INCLUDE(${PARAVIEW_USE_FILE})

Then link with the Paraview libraries that have those extra VTK classes you
need.

Clint